Sage 50 / PeachTree conversions to QuickBooks
Intuit does provide a FREE conversion utility for Sage 50/PeachTree lists and open invoices and open bills. But if you do not qualify or need more than just open transactions. See what we offer. They are a year or os behind the current Sage 50 version.
Types of Conversions offered:
Note that the prices, time (in days) and person(s) are estimated based on a 'normal' company and accounting techniques that are used.
1. Lists Only $599 (1 day 1 person)
- Converts all lists i.e. Chart of Accounts, Customers, Vendors, Employees, Items, etc.
- No Transactions nor balances are converted
2. Lists Only with opening balance $899(1-2 man day 1 person)
- Above with opening customer, vendor and chart of account balances.
- No Transactions are converted only current balances are carried forward.
The options 3, 4, and 5 are done under the control of an accountant (a comptroller of a major corporation) following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
3. Lists and Open AR and AP Transactions Starting at $1,999 (3-4 man days 2 people)
- Above plus open AR and AP transactions created for open AR/AP. This will allow you to have summarized transactions of the current unpaid AR and AP Invoices. We check and make sure the accounts are in balance. This is done under the control of an accountant.
4. Lists, Open AR and AP Transactions and Financials Starting at $2,499 (4-6 man days 2 people)
- Above plus summary monthly financials for the available periods. This way you can have a month by month financial history. We check and make sure the accounts are in balance. This is done under the control of an accountant.
5. Full Detail Conversion of all Transactions Starting at $3,995 (5+ man days 2 people)
- All Transactions are converted to QuickBooks. We check and make sure the accounts are in balance. This is done under the control of an accountant. Note: there are transactions in other accounting systems that are not supported by QuickBooks. We will rework the unsupported transactions where we can, into supported transactions following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Option 6 allows you to save money by utilizing your in-house accounting expertise instead of ours. Our accountant stay home and you save money.
6. Full Detail Conversion of all Transactions Starting at$2,599(5+ days 1 person) All Transactions are converted to QuickBooks. Note that there are transactions in other accounting systems that are not supported by QuickBooks. You may have to rework the unsupported transactions into supported transactions from a file listing the exceptions that we provide.
WE DO NOT DO ANY CHECKING OR BALANCING OF ACCOUNTS WITH THIS OPTION. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO DO THIS FUNCTION.
4:43 PM 11/3/2014 How it Works (The Procedure):
- We start with a backup of your company file (i.e. Sage 50/PeachTree). Usually sent email, FTP, mail, or overnight depending upon your circumstances.
- We create a skeleton QuickBooks company file for you.
- We export the relevant data from your old accounting system.
- We convert the data using our conversion software.
- We 'import' the data into QuickBooks.
- We check and balance at various steps (optional depending on conversion option you pick).
- We may need to talk to you or your staff if questions arise and they frequently do.
- We email, FTP, mail, or overnight a backup of your new QuickBooks company file to you.
- You restore the QuickBooks backup on your system.
- We walk/talk, you thought what we have done (optional depending on conversion option you pick).
- An optional 'dry run' can also be done a week or so before the 'real conversion' at extra cost.
The conversion is done on a mutually agreed upon date, weekends are usually best. Once we have a copy of your data file that we are going to convert, any data entered into your existing accounting system will have to be re-entered into your new QuickBooks file. We usually recommend not entering data into your old system; however, some clients choose to run their new and old systems simultaneously for a period of time until they are comfortable with QuickBooks.